A severe snowstorm with high winds and low visibility.
How does a blizzard form?
* Cold air at the surface
* Lots of moisture
* Warm air must rise over cold air
* Rain becomes snow and a rain storm may become a blizzard
* An icy blizzard wind can make cold air feel even colder as cold as -26*f -32*C this effect is called windchill.
* Winds are more than 35 mph (55 kph).
* And visibility less than 1,300 feet (400 M).
In 1996 a blizzard hit “New York “ and buried the city with 20 in of snow 23 people lost their lives. Many people were injured and the storm cost 25 million dollars.
0 people died 400 people are injured From the winter snow storms.
Impact on Human Life
* Weather Forecast
* Weather App
* Walkie Talkie
* Extra Food and Water
air pressure - the weight of the air at any particular point on earth
climate - the long term weather conditions in a region
atmosphere - the blanket of air that surrounds earth
thermometer- It use as to see what degrees is in the water or outside.
Arlon, Penelope, and Tory Gordon-Harris. Weather. Print.
Murphy, Jim. Blizzard. New York: Scholastic, 2000. Print.