Rocks And Roles
In Earth's History
1. Sedimentary- Sedimentary rocks are types of rocks that are formed by the deposition of material at the Earth's surface and within bodies of water.
Metamorphic- Metamorphic rocks arise from the transformation of existing rock types, in a process called metamorphic, which means " change in form".
Igneous- Igneous rocks is formed through the cooling and solidification of magma or lava.
2. Andesite- is a gray to black volcanic rock.
3. Stratification is a system of layers, classes, or categories.
5. The ancient fold, water pocket fold
7. Many layers can be traced over hundreds of thousands of square miles.
8. coral reefs are not only spectacular marine environments, but they are one of the oldest ecosystems.