WHAT IS DEPRESSION & HOW TO FIGHT IT?
Nowadays many people are depressed and this may cause obesity. But it is time to step up and fight it! Are you ready?What is depression?
Under depression, you may find the following means:
- Feeling concerned;
What happens when you’re depressed?
Depression is what you feel if you have to deal with more than you’re used to. When you are depressed and your body is responding as if you are in danger. It speeds up your hormones, makes your heart beat faster, makes your breath faster and gives you extra energy. A little stress is normal and very useful. Stress can help you when you have to work extra hard or when a fast response is needed. But if you’re often or constantly stressed, it’s bad for your body. This translates into a headache, irritation, back pain, difficulty sleeping or a combination of those. When someone already has health problems, this can make things even worse. It can make you moody, tensed or depressed. Depression weakens our immune system, ultimately making it more difficult to combat any diseases. Furthermore, your relationships can suffer and people generally do not perform well at work or school. So how to fight depression? You can learn ways to manage it. We recommend to:
- Find out what causes stress in your life.
- Learn healthy ways to relieve stress or to reduce the harmful effects
How do you measure stress?
We all know that stress is a major culprit. Sometimes it is clear where it is coming from and sometimes we have no idea where the problem is. It is crucial to find out what the cause of your stress is. Keeping a journal can help; make a note of the moment when something is making you feel stressed. Keeping a stress diary will assist you and help you to find out what the stress cause is and how much stress you feel. Once you know it, it is possible to take steps in reducing it and letting the stress go.
How to fight depression?
It might be impossible for many people to completely eliminate stress, but there are plenty of ways to reduce stress. You can try some of these ideas on “how to fight depression”:
- Be effective and efficient with your time: you get done more with less stress if you have a clear schedule to follow. Consider what tasks (activities) are most important, and do that first.
- Figure out what causes the stress.
- Determine how you handle the stress. Be honest about what works and what doesn’t. Think about what you could do better or change to deal with it.
- Take care of yourself: get plenty of rest. Make sure you eat and drink healthily.
- Try new ways of thinking: If you find that you begin to worry about something, try to stop those thoughts. The art of being satisfied is to learn how to let things go. You know that you can’t change everything.
- Learn to say “no” so you don’t always have to deal with tasks someone expects you to do.
People, who have less stress, commonly have more energy, increased alertness, a stronger immune system, lower blood pressure, better cholesterol levels and a reduced heart rate.
Note of the day
‘Nothing has any power over me other than that which I give it through my conscious thoughts’
- Anthony Robins
- See more at: