Edmodo to Motivate Students for Beginners
Why Use Edmodo?
- Create Account
- Explore how to join, create, and modify groups
- Create & Respond to Notes
- Create Poll
- Examine Library & Add Links/Files
- Locate Help/Support
Team Rubric Correlation/Other Standards Correlation
- Motivating Students
- Teacher Knowledge of Students
PLC Guiding Questions
- What is it we want our students to know?
- How will we know if they learned it?
- What will we do for those who have not shown mastery?
- How will we enrich/extend the learning for those who have demonstrated success?
ISTE Student Standards-- Communication and collaboration
Communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media formats.
- Participants can create an account.
- Participants can join and create a group
- Participants can navigate group settings.
- Participants can create and respond to Notes
- Participants can create a poll
- Participants can upload content to library.
- Participants can share library content with groups.
- Participants know the difference between a teacher account and student account.
Task 1--as a student
- Read a post and reply to it.
- Respond to a poll
- Take a quiz
- Review the difference in what the teacher screen and student screens look like.
- Create Account
- Join Group--Group code for today: zti4ue
- Create Group
- Group Settings & Notifications
- Send a post (note) to your group.
- Create a Poll or quiz & Send to Group
- Teach you partner how you created your poll or quiz.
- Create folder in library
- Add link or document to folder
- Share folder with group
- Library help
Using Edmodo in the Classroom
Wrap Up & Evaluation
Complete Exit Ticket & PD evaluation in Edmodo