Beyond PowerPoint to Present Instructional Content
Looking for a new idea for student presentations? Need an alternative to PowerPoint? Want a fun discussion starter? During this in-service, we will learn how to use a variety of apps and other free web-based presentation tools. Explore fun alternatives to traditional presentations in any subject area. Bring an existing lesson and leave with a presentation ready for classroom use. Infographics will also be explored in this session.
Why do we need alternatives to PowerPoint in the classroom?
Please use the following Padlet to ask questions and to answer questions during this in-service.
***Although there are a plethora of online presentations geared toward the classroom, we will concentrate of 8 today. I have put a link at the end of this Tackk if you would like to explore more. ***
1) Haiku Deck - makes it a snap to create beautiful presentations that will wow your audience – whether you're pitching an idea, teaching a lesson, telling a story, or igniting a movement.
2) Prezi- is a cloud-based (SaaS) presentation software and storytelling tool for presenting ideas on a virtual canvas.
3) Powtoon - This website allows users to create colorful, visually engaging animated presentation (cartoon mashup) with drag-and-drop simplicity.
4) Nearpod - allows teachers to construct presentations using the Nearpod website and deliver instruction to students by pushing content out to multiple devices at once. The teacher controls the presentation from a master iOS device, while students follow along on a class set of iPods or iPads.
5) Tackk - Engage students, improve collaboration and spark creativity through online newsletters or digital poster.
6) Thinglink - is the leading platform for creating interactive images and videos for web, social, advertising, and educational channels. Be creative! Make your images come alive with video, text, images, shops, music and more! Every image contains a story and ThingLink helps you tell your stories.
***You can easily use Tackk and Thinglink together to make a very interactive, digital poster --- great for student presentations!!!***
7) Dipity - is a free digital timeline website.
8) Piktochart - is a web-based infographic software which allows users without intensive experience as graphic designers to create professional-grade infographics, using templates.
More websites that go Beyond PowerPoint
Please fill out the following survey in order to receive credit. You will also receive an email from the Teacher Center that contains another short survey that will also need to be completed. Thank you!