Floyd Virginia 2015 Earth Day May 2
Floyd Virginia Earth Day Celebration on Saturday, May 2, 2015, at the Floyd EcoVillage on Franklin Pike. This is a FREE, FUN educational event. Guest speaker from Mother Earth News to describe tips on growing ginseng. Eco activities for children.
Free local tree seedlings. Local ecological businesses explain products and services. From Nature walks, forestry, medicinal herbs, organic gardening tips and kite flying to the latest in solar panel technology.
Homemade food and drinks made with local ingredients will be available all day. There will be lots of local organizations and businesses showcasing eco-oriented products, conversation and information.
For Kids - free Caterpillar bouncy, Garden hat making, seed planting, FAMILY NATURE WALK AT 12:00
Free toy swap - bring some clean toys to exchange.
FABULOUS Speaker Schedule
- 10:30 - Barbara Pleasant from Mother Earth News– Managing Monarchs and Milkweed
- 11:00 Jeanine Davis from Mother Earth News - Growing Ginseng, Goldenseal and other medicinal Herbs
- 12:00 Family nature walk with Fred First, local botanist, naturalist and author
- 12:30 Jason Rutledge – Managing your Woodlot
- 1:30 David Grimsley from Appalachian Medicinal Herb Growers Consortium – on Chinese Herbs
- 2:30 Floyd Eco news – The latest projects & how you can participate
- -- EcoVillage, Solarize Floyd, Sustain Floyd, Preserve Floyd & Blue Ridge Land Conservancy
- 3:30 Guided EcoVillage tour