Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class
made by J.B. 5th Hour
Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1955.
Significant Events That affected Bill Gates
- Intel releases the 8080 microchip, the first programmable microchip.
- Microsoft is founded in 1975 by Paul Allen and Bill Gates.
- Bill is named Time Magazine's "Man of the Year" in '95.
Bill Gates' Childhood
By the age of nine, Bill Gates had read the entire World Book encyclopedia. Gates also played lots of games like Password or other games with his family. The games were also very serious within the Gates family.
People Who Influenced Gates' Life
One person that influenced Bill Gates' life was his grandmother, Adelle Maxwell, always told Bill to think smart. Bill's mother also wanted him to get married before she died because she had breast cancer. Three days after the wedding Mary Gates was admitted to the hospital.
- Bill Gates became a millionare, worth about $311 million,in March 1986 and in '87 became the world's youngest billionaire.
- Very sarcastic and was overly talkative in later elementary school, which lead to him being enrolled into a private school(Lakeside School)
- In the 1990s Microsoft held a monopoly on computer software companies in the stock market, which led to an investigation by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- By his senior year in high school, Bill Gates and his friend, Paul Allen, made the Traf-o-Data with Intel's first programmable microchip.
The Theme of Bill Gates' Life
I thought that the theme of Bill Gates' life was that it doesn't matter what you start with but it matters what you end up with and what you do with your life.
Words of Advice
In August 1975 Microsoft was founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen and by the 1990s Microsoft held an illegal monopoly on the software stock market. Bill Gates was also the worlds youngest billionaire by the age of 32.
Woog, Adam. Bill Gates. San Diego, CA: Lucent, 1999. Print.
Hackett, Paul. REUTERS. N.d. N.p.