Think Like A Boss!
Create Your Own Company and Product
Your company will be introducing a new product to consumers this summer. You have been asked to design the packaging for this new product.
- 1. Describe your company and your new product using Piktochart or Canva. Please remember to use correct grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. This information should be typed and printed out to turn in with your other information.
Give your company a name and describe what it produces, how many employees it has, and where it is located. Name your new product and describe it in detail. How much will consumers pay for your product? How did you determine the price?
- 2. Design two different possible containers for your new product.
Each container should hold 500 cubic centimeters of your company's new product. Use graph paper to draw a net and an illustration for each container and label the dimensions.
- 3. Determine the base area, surface area, and volume of each of the two containers.
Find the area of the base of container 1 _________________________
Find the area of the base of container 2 _________________________
Find the surface area of container 1 _____________________________
Find the surface area of container 2 _____________________________
Find the volume of container 1 _________________________________
Find the volume of container 2 _________________________________
- 4. Determine the best container to use for your new product.
Assume it costs your company .009 cent for each square centimeter of material for your container. Which container would be best for your product? How do you know?
- 5. Create a model of the best container for your product.
Use paper or a material of your choice to create a full-color scale model of your chosen container.