My Wonderful Summer Vacation
The Adventures of Miss Keener
During the Summer of 2013 I could be found here, there, and everywhere! Although this past summer may go down in history as the shortest summer EVER, I had a great few weeks of fun.
Hanging out with my clique!!!
- OKC- Only Kids Crew... my lovely sorority sisters and fellow only kids
- Couples' Night Out
- Church Picnic- I also taught a class at VBS!!!
- Bid farewell to my longtime friend- took a selfie during our last church service together =(
Chicago Here We Come!!!
This summer our family reunion was held in Chicago, Illinois. I along with Peyton, my mom, and my aunt traveled by plane and my cousins Tonya, To'neal, Cameron, and Cole drove. While there we had a FABULOUS time. We had the opportunity to hit all of my mom and aunt's favorite spots from when they were kids. The neatest thing about my trip was that the last time I went to Chicago I was Peyton's age.
Some of our sights
- Harpo Studios- Home of the Oprah Winfrey Show
- United Center- Home of the Michael Jordan Statue
- Buckingham Fountain- Where the beginning of Friends was taped
- The Magnificent Mile- featuring a two story Target
- Johnson Publications- Home of Ebony and Jet magazines
My fave stops!!!
- Gene and Jude's- World Famous Hot Dog Stand
- Garrett Popcorn- One of Oprah's Favorite Things
Chicago's Brookfield Zoo
Peyton experienced his first trip to the zoo. It was also the first time I had been to the zoo in my adult life. We both enjoyed our visit to the zoo. Some of Peyton's favorite stops are listed below:
- Dolphin Show
All good things must come to an end...
From the third week in June to the last week in July was a very short time period. However, I managed to pack the most fun I could into it!!