Age of Exploration
1. Was the son of a spice merchant
2. at age 11 his family moved to venice. this is where he learned to sail and navigate
3. In 1474, John Cabot married a girl named Mattea and eventually became the father of three sons: Ludovico, Sancto and Sebastiano
4. Sebastiano would later follow in his father’s footsteps, becoming an explorer in his own right.
- He reached and explored Newfoundland, Canada in 1497
- he reached North America
- His landing allowed England to claim what is now Canada.
how did he Impact on the World Then
He helped England to get their first colonies in the New World. Cabot’s adventurism and explorations blazed a trail for future explorers to refine maps and discover the true gravity of his and Columbus’s discoveries.