Email Encryption- All You Wanted To Know!
Encryption of email is very important from the point of view of data integrity and security. Emails when sent from a server to other or when sent from one email ID to another tend to come across a lot of secured as well as unsecured servers. You can never be sure when your email can get disturbed in the process or if the email you sent to your friend is changed or filled with viruses. To avoid such a mishap and to make sure that all your emails reach your friends and colleagues in a healthy manner and way you intend to send needs a little work. This procedure can be accomplished by email encryption.
There are times when you want to send data via the internet and want it to remain secure. The travelling of said data through several servers can enable a third party viewing. To send an encrypted email will ensure that the data you have sent will be seen only by the party it has been intended to and it will not be seen by any unauthorized person. To make sure that only you and the intended recipient can see the email, you both should have the same email encryption software. The same type of software will enable you and your friend to encrypt as well as decrypt the email.
There are several softwares available on the internet that can help in encryption and decryption. The integrity and usage of the software depends on the type of browser you use. Each software reacts differently with each browser and sometimes a software is only compatible with one particular browser. You can easily find an email encryption software on the internet which is compatible to the particular browser you use. Make sure that the recipient either has a decryption software or knows the password or the passcode that you are about to use to make your email safe.
The knowhow part of encryption and decryption is very simple. You can get a guide which explains how to follow the email encryption procedure. Just follow the steps. Some routine steps that are used by almost all the software are:
- Download and install the encryption software that is compatible to the browser.
- Make sure that it is working by sending a test mail.
- Open your browser and the email ID from which you are planning to send an email.
- Create a new email or go to the new email page.
- Enter your data in the email matter segment and draft an email to work as an example.
- Highlight the area you want to encrypt and right click to select the lock sign.
- Once you click the lock sign in the right click menu, it will prompt you for a passcode or password. Select a password and press enter.
- Send it to the recipient. Make sure you have informed the password that you have entered for encryption.
http://zixmailencryption.com/ is a trustworthy name in the field of email encryption. You can rely on them for your needs.
About The Author
Zeena McWarden is a cyber security expert who writes many interesting articles to help bring email encryption and its advantages into the domain of common people. You can trust her advice for all your data security and integrity preservation requirements.