Distance From The Sun
The distance between the sun from Jupiter is 780,000,000 km.
Distance From The Earth
The distance between the Earth and Jupiter is 580,000,000 km away.
DID YOU KNOW: If Jupiter was 80 times bigger it could have become a STAR!
ZONES AND BELTS
THE ROTATION AND ORBIT
ORBIT AROUND THE SUN:
- -Jupiter's orbit is oval shaped.
- -Jupiter's average speed is 29,236 miles per hour.
- -Since Jupiter is the 5th planet, it's takes a long time to make orbit around the sun.
- -It takes 12 Earth years to make one revolution.
- -That mean, 12 earth years is equal to 1 year on Jupiter.
ROTATION : -Jupiter rotates faster than any other planet in the solar system. It takes 9 hours and 55 minutes to make one rotation.
SIZE OF THE PLANET:
- -MASS:1.9 X 10 22 KG
- -EQUATORIAL DIAMETER:143,000
- -JOVIAN VOLUME: 1.43 X 10 15 KM 3
- -TOTAL SURFACE:6.22 X 10 20 KM2
THE CORE: Jupiter's core is estimated to be 35,000 degrees to 63,000 Fahrenheit.
JUPITER'S TEMPERATURE: Jupiter's temperature surface depends on the depth, but Jupiter's average is -299 Fahrenheit.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION OF THE PLANET:
- -Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system.
- -Jupiter is 80 times more massive.
- -The colorful bands of Jupiter are arranged from dark belts to light belts.
- -Jupiter's broadcast radio waves are strong enough to detect on earth.
- -Jupiter's large moons pass through certain regions of Jupiter.
- -The Magnetic field is 2 times stronger than earth.
Gases and clouds-
- -Jupiter's atmosphere is mainly made up of hydrogen and helium.
- -In the atmosphere, there are 3 layers of clouds made out of crystals.
- -Just like how our clouds are made out of water.
- -The first layer of clouds are made of ammonia ice.
- -The clouds in the second layer are made of a chemical called ammonia hydro-sulfide.
- -The last layer of clouds are made of water ice.
UNIQUE CHARACTERISTICS ABOUT JUPITER:
- -Jupiter is the 4th brightest planet in the solar system.
- -Jupiter's cloud features are divided into zones.
- -Jupiter's great red spot is a huge storm on Jupiter.
- -Jupiter is the biggest planet in the solar system.
- -Jupiter has 62 moons.
- -Jupiter is the 5th planet from the sun.
- -Jupiter was named after a Roman God.
ELEMENTS THAT MAKE UP THE PLANET:
- -Jupiter's made of rock, metal, gases, and hydrogen then the other layers are made of hydrogen gas, liquid metallic hydrogen.
- -Jupiter's rings were made out of small dust particles from nearby comets and asteroids.
- -(Theory one) Jupiter's core may be layered with metallic hydrogen, and molecular hydrogen.
- -(Theory two) Jupiter's core could also be a hot molten ball of liquid.
- -(Theory three) Jupiter's core is solid rock.
- -The clouds of Jupiter are primarily made of sulfur (some sort of chemical) and crystals.
- -Legend has it that Babylonians were the first on Jupiter.
- -The Great Red Spot is so big that 300 earths could fit inside it.
- -Jupiter's biggest moon is Ganymede and also the biggest moon in the solar system.
- -Eight space-crafts have visited Jupiter.
- -Jupiter is so big that 1000 earths could fit in it.
WEBSITE: http://www.space.com/18388-what-is-jupiter-made- of.html
website: ᔕᑭᗩᑕƐ. ᑕOᗰ
website: ᑭᒪᗩᑎƐƬFᗩᑕƬᔕ. ᑕOᗰ
website: http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/5-8/feat... 58.html
book: Jupiter, Netune and other outer planets by: Chris Oxlade
book: Jupiter by: Margaret J. Gloldstein
Could Jupiter Have Become A STAR!?