Civil and Political
By: Cinthia D.
- She was born on July 24, 1920 in New York City.
- Some of her attributes are human rights, peace and social justice.
- She ran for congress winning a place in the House of Representatives in 1971.
- Bella got reelected as congress twice then she left congress in 1977.
- She fought for women's right and objected to the war in Vietnam.
- Bella Abzug continued to work on many causes in the 1980s and 1990s and established the Women’s Environmental Development Organization.
- She made a bid for mayor of New York City, but lost to Ed Koch in the primaries.
- Bella Abzug left her mark on U.S. politics as a women’s rights champion and determined antiwar activist
- She unfortunately died on March 31, 1998 from complications following heart surgery.
Citations: starscolor.com jofreeman.com thevillager.com articles.cnn.com http://library.thinkquest.org/C001515/heroism/herodb.phphttp://www.biography.com/people/bella-abzug-9174815