Commas lama Drama
1. When separating two phrases that don't need to be there
My cat, Patt, is fat.
2. When addressing something in particular
Let's play, mommy!
Let's play mommy!
3. When making a list
My friends are Talia, Elizabeth, and Stella.
4. When linking two independent clauses with a conjunction
I want a new baseball bat, but I can't afford it.
5. More than one adj. modifying a noun
This big, juicy hamburger is very satisfying.
6. After introductory phrases
In conclusion, race cars are very cool and fast.
September 18, 2002
8. Geographic locations
9. At the end of a letter