Principles of the Declaration of Independence
- Are the principles of unalienable rights and government by consent in the Declaration outdated, or are they still true today?
- I Think the rights are not out dated because we still have those rights, like what you own is yours and nobody can take it away
- Who is responsible for protecting or guaranteeing our unalienable rights?
- The Government should be protecting our rights because they were the ones who were telling us that we have these rights.
Should people be able to choose their own government?
I believe that everyone should be able to chose their own government and that everyone should have their own rights like freedom and right of speech.
- Do these principles matter to you? If so, how and why?
- Yes these principles matter to me because I like how that what I own is mine and no one can take it, they should matter to everyone because everyone has them.
Consent of the Governed
Why does a just government need consent of the governed?
They need to get consent of the governed because the governed runs the government.