Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class
Made by: LD
- Madonna Ciccone was born on August 19th, 1958.
Significant events that affected Madonnas life-
- In July 1978, Madonna left her home and got on a plane, to New York, to start her new career as a performer.
- Madonna auditioned as a back-up dancer for a music video in early 1979.
- She also formed a band in 1981. She wished to call the band "Madonna", but the other members opposed.
- Madonna had a very difficult life as a child. Her mother died at the age of 30 and she had 7 children (including Madonna). Madonna was very close to her father when she was young, they did everything together up until she left to go to New York.
People who influenced Madonnas life-
- Her father-Tony Ciccone-he helped her through all of her problems and was with her through everything.
- Michael Jackson-he was her role model and she looked up to him as a performer.
- Her mother- Although she passed on early in Madonna's life, her motivation was her mother. She wanted to make her mom proud.
- She has starred in 22 films.
- Her daughter models professionally.
- Madonna was a member of the cheerleading team at Rochester Adams High School.
- Madonna's first children's book, The English Roses, was published in 2003 and she has since published a total of 10 books.
- She has performed more than 3 times in Madison Square Garden.
- She performed in the 2012 Super Bowl.
- She has performed on stage with Macklemore, Britney Spears, and Michael Jackson.
- The Guinness World Records lists Madonna as the world's most successful female recording artist of all time; she has sold over 200 million records worldwide.
The theme of Madonnas life is that you can't let people tell you who to be. If you follow everyone else you can't be yourself. Be original.
From Madonna, I learned that even if you don't expect your dreams to become a reality, if you work hard and put effort in, you can be anything you want to be. You can't let people run your life, if you do you won't succeed.
"Don't Cry for Me Argentina Madonna Live Buenos Aires Argentina." YouTube. YouTube, 24 June 2010. Web. 05 Apr. 2014.
Madonna 1987 Interview- about Her Childhood." YouTube. YouTube, 15 Apr. 2013. Web. 05 Apr. 2014.