Kristyn's Favorite Desserts
Desserts and how to make them
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, beat Egg Beaters and sugar until very stiff peaks form. The mixture should still be glossy, but with very stiff peaks when you lift the beaters up.
- In a food processor, pulse together 1-2/3 cups powdered sugar and the almond flour until very well mixed.
- In a large bowl, use a spatula to stir the egg-white mixture and almond flour mixture. Try to completely combine the mixture in about 8 strokes.
- Spoon batter into 5 bowls. Tint each bowl with a small amount of food coloring paste. Use a spoon to quickly stir paste into batter, taking care not to over mix.
- Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon batter onto parchment-lined baking sheets, until all batter has been used. (You'll need two baking sheets.)
- Allow macarons to sit until a thin film forms on top of them, making them no longer sticky to the touch. This layer forms the feet of the macarons, or the smooth upper section, with a rim of bubbles cooking up beneath the firmed part of the cookie when they bake.
- Once the top of the batter has formed a skin (which will take about 60-90 minutes), bake cookies in preheated oven for 8-12 minutes, or just until the cookies set. You don't want the cookies to brown at all.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool completely. Gently remove from parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, beat together remaining 5 cups of powdered sugar, butter, Fruity Cheerioes, vanilla and whipped vodka until light and fluffy.
- Spread a small amount of buttercream between two macarons of the same color. Repeat with remaining cookies. Serve and enjoy.
food coloring paste (pink, orange, yellow, 1 cup almond flour
green, purple) 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter
1/2 cup Egg Beaters 1/2 cup finely crushed Fruity Cheerios
1/4 cup sugar cereal
6 and 2/3 cups powder sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons whipped vodka (or milk)