- Santiago is the capital of Chile
- Spanish is the official language of Chile
- Chile is located on the continent of South America
- The population of Chile is nearly 17.8 million
- The life expectancy is 78, and the average age is 80
- The Andes Mountains, the volcanoes located in the Andes, and the Central Valley are two major landforms in Chile.
- Valparaiso, Easter Island, and Santiago are three major cities in Chile.
- The average climate in Chile is 56 degrees.
- Chile receives very little rainfall. In the months of June and July Chile receives 3.3 inches of rain at the most.
- Chile is a representative democratic republic.
- Major religions in Chile are Christianity and Catholicism.
- In Chile they serve a large variety of seafood and fresh fish caught just off the coast.
- Rodeo and soccer are the most popular sports in Chile.
- Easter weekend is one of the most highly celebrated holidays in Chile. This includes Good Friday, Holy Saturday, and Easter Sunday. The day after Easter Sunday, the celebration of Christ's resurrection takes place. This is known as Domingo de Quasimodo. Christmas is also celebrated by many.
- The health issues in Chile range from child malnutrition to tuberculosis and noncommunicable diseases, such as cancer. Risk factors include alcohol and tobacco.
- Chile's flag is a red, white and blue banner with a white star. The blue square represents the sky, the white stripe represents the snow of the Andes mountains, and the red symbolizes the blood that was spilled during Chile's fight for freedom.
- Chile's most important trading partners are Brazil and Argentina. Chile and the countries of Mexico, Peru and Colombia are apart of what is known as the "Pacific Alliance".
Take a look at the beautiful country of Chile!
"Chile." World Geography: Understanding a Changing World. ABC-CLIO, 2014. Web. 18 Nov. 2014.
"Santiago, Chile." Photos/Illustrations. PhotoDisc, Inc. World Geography: Understanding a Changing World. ABC-CLIO,2014. Web. 18 Nov. 2014.