AT NC State University
Degree/Major: Nuclear Engineering
College University: NC State University
School Within College: College of Engineering
Department: Nuclear Engineering
Semester Hours: 123
The ABET Program Educational Objectives of the BS degree in nuclear engineering prepare graduates to:
- solve nuclear engineering problems and apply the creative process to nuclear engineering design;
- perform nuclear engineering tasks and understand the professional and ethical responsibility and accountability for the social and environmental impact of nuclear engineering practices;
- participate in cross-disciplinary projects;
- apply written and oral communication skills necessary to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences;
- apply advances in nuclear engineering practice and research; and,
- continue to learn and be successful in pursuing graduate and professional education opportunities that are available.
The nuclear engineering program is for people hoping to get into careers where they: "develop designs for nuclear power plants, apply radiation in the diagnosis and treatment of disease, build alternative energy systems, and develop power systems to fuel satellites and deep space probes" (ncsu.edu).
- GED requirements
- Advanced Communication Elective
- Nuclear Engineering Electives
- Technical Electives
- Engineering Technical Electives
Looking Forward To:
NE 201 - Introduction to Nuclear Engineering; there will be a lot of new and interesting things mentioned in this class.
NE 400 - Nuclear Reactors Energy Conversion; I would love to learn how reactors work and how they create/transform energy.
Not Looking Forward To:
NE 408 - Nuclear Engineering Design Project; Projects scare me and stress me out... a whole class dedicated to a huge project sounds unbelievably stressful.
Advanced Communication Elective; It will most likely either be dealing with writing (possibly technical writing) or English which I wish I did not have to take any more courses on.
Department of Nuclear Engineering:
Department of Nuclear Engineering
North Carolina State University
2500 Stinson Drive
3140 Burlington Engineering Labs
Raleigh, NC, USA 27695-7909