Taking Your Ohio Driver's Test....
What you need to KNOW, so you can GO!
Time to GET YOUR LICENSE!
All joking aside, when you are getting ready for your test, make sure that you read the Ohio Driver's Handbook below and then PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! There are tests online to help you to practice so you know what kind of questions you'll be asked.
Now you are ready to take your test, what should you take with you?
Ohio Learner’s Permit Requirements
In order to get your Ohio learner’s permit, or TIPIC, you’ll need to be at least 15 1/2 years old. Visit an OH BMV office and:
- Show documents proving your:
- Full legal name and date of birth (e.g. U.S. birth certificate, certified copy of a court order).
- Social Security number (e.g. Social Security card, printout issued by the Social Security Administration).
- Legal U.S. presence (e.g. U.S. birth certificate, valid U.S. passport/passport card).
- Ohio residency (e.g. insurance policy, bank statement).
- For more information, please refer to this list of acceptable documents.
- Pass the vision exam.
- Pass the written permit test.
- Complete the medical packet, if you have any relevant medical conditions.
- Pay the $22 fee.