One for the Team
Supporting Improving Schools
Education Update: September 2013
Welcome to our Education Update.
Here at One for the Team we are as keen on keeping informed as you are. To do this we provide a regular summary of the latest education news.
- We provide you will a half termly update on the current changes in education with links to key documents for you or your staff to download.
- We link you to great practice and new ideas that might just add that extra special sparkle to learning for your staff and students.
To be sure you know when the next update is ready, email us at
Team updates: Senior Leaders, Headteachers and Governors
A summary of the changes for September 2013 are available - email us
The links below provide access to the latest data sets for use when analysing your results for 2012/13. Most data sets were published in summer term 2013 or during the summer holiday.
Team updates: Middle leaders
- We are compiling these for September. Do let us know if you have key information others should know about.
Links: Great practice and good ideas
- We are compiling these for September. Do let us know if you would like to share great practice and good ideas of your own - or that you have heard about.
One for the Team
For more information about our work with schools, staff and pupils
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A wealth of experience in education
- Performance Management and appraisal
- Whole school and subject reviews
- Developing newly appointed staff through People Coaching
- Personal coaching and career planning for individual members of staff
- Quality of teaching, learning
- Middle leadership coaching for individuals and teams
- Effective behaviour management systems
- Whole school self evaluation
- Governor training
Below are some examples of improvement programmes from last academic year:
- SIP programme - termly meetings over a year with interim and final reports to senior leaders and governors
- 3 day review of quality of post 16 provision and report to staff and governors
- development of new 14-19 vocational and alternative curriculum programmes
- working with local businesses to develop industry-led vocational programmes
- governor training e.g: appropriate challenge and support, expectations of governors with specific roles, preparing for OFSTED inspection
- personal coaching for new middle and senior leaders to ensure they 'hit the ground running' in a new role
- team building, meeting facilitation and coaching for new senior leadership teams, or for teams seeking to refresh and re-define their vision and values
- working with senior staff to devise, consult on, and implement, an annual review and appraisal programme
- whole staff and team training e.g. on effective analysis of post 16 and GCSE performance data, writing subject SEFs
- associate deputy role (2 days pw) modelling stategic leadership, focused on improving quality of teaching and learning
- review of safeguarding policy into practice and implementation of improvement programme
- supporting NCSL middle leadership training programme with 1 to 1 coaching on subject evaluation and improvement planning
- pre-OfSTED review and post OfSTED improvement planning and activity
- personal coaching for staff seeking to improve their own performance
Confidential Professional Focused
I have a strong background in education including teaching, supporting, advising and inspecting primary and secondary schools.
- Outstanding science teacher and teacher training provider
- Primary and secondary science advisory teacher
- Primary and secondary local authority school improvement adviser
- Primary and secondary OfSTED team inspector
- NCSL accredited school improvement partner
- Local authority senior strategic adviser for primary, early years and special education
- Director for 14-19 education
- Director for post 16 and adult education
- Post 16 FE principal designate