Lesson Plan #5: Income & Career Search
(Click Here For Example Tackk)
GOAL: This lesson asks students to create a Tackk.Com webpage about their results during our recent lesson on Income & Careers (PricewaterHouseCooper, LLC. PwC – KWHS Lesson Plan (Wharton)). This Tackk.Com lesson includes adding Titles, Headings, Text, Images, and Keywords. Make sure the students create accounts on Tackk.com so the pages do not get deleted.
PREREQUISITES: Students should have created GMAIL/EMAIL accounts prior to creating Tackk.com accounts. Students should have E-Portfolios (Websites) created online prior to creating Tackk.com pages. Students should have a working knowledge of different file types (JPEG, PDF, GIF, PNG, Text Files). Students should know how to CUT/PASTE text. Students should know how to create hyperlinks on websites and within email or other documents. Students should be familiar with the Tackk.com console and how to create basic Tackk.com pages. Students should understand classroom, school and school district rules and regulations about online safety and security, and be aware of rules governing online content and appropriate use of equipment as outline by school policy.
Students should go to Tackk.com and create a page describing their Personal Income & Career Idea.
CORE CURRICULUM LINKS
NETS 2007; PA State Standards CORE: Reading/Writing; PA 3.7.7&11 Sect.C
CSTA 2013 Ties to Common Core
College and Career Readiness Standards
1. Students will successfully login and create a new web page on Tackk.com
2. Students will add Images, Text, Headlines, Keywords, and Active Hyperlinks
to Tackk.com Web Page
3. Students will add the following items to their site:
1. Description of the results from the Vocational Choice Survey
2. Description of the Type of College Chosen and the Logo of the College
3. A brief listing of the costs associated to go to the college listed.
4. Include your proposed major, clubs, and activities you will be in.
5. A link to the listing for the Job you want when you graduate.
6. A Map of the city the new job is in.
7. The following hashtags must be included: #caatech #caacareerlesson
8. At least three (3) pictures of people doing your new job.
9. Proper Heading and Titles For Project – See Example Online
4. Students will finalize the design and layouts of the Web Page and will email the
Tackk.com web link to the instructor for credit. The instructor should also be able
to pull up the website on a Keyword Search on Tackk.com.
Make sure that you have individual workstations with internet access.
Open a new Tab on your Web Browser (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.)
Proceed to Tackk.com and Login to your account
Hit the CREATE Button to start a new Tackk.com Web Page Design
Create a Heading with a Title, Project Name, Class Name, and your email address
Design Your Page by Uploading your images. Make sure to add Headings, Titles, and at least two to three paragraphs about the topics above OBJECTIVES Section, Item #3.
Add your KEYWORDS to the bottom of the Web Page so your page can be found by people interested in this project. Make sure you use at least two keywords (one for your class project, and one for your school), so people can define their search when looking for your awesome work! Finalize your design and once complete, use the FINISH Button to complete your project. Now email your Tackk.com address to your instructor for credit.
1. Site Created in Tackk.com
2. Site includes: Images, Headings, Text, Active Links, Keywords
3. Layout is clean and neatly arranged
4. Grammar, Spelling, and Sentence Structure is correct
5. Site Link Emailed To Instructor
6. Site Can Be Found With Keyword Search
7. Overall Creativity
8. Safety, Security, and Appropriate Use Policy Observed
Post links to this Tackk and send out notices to visit on Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) if available.
Lesson Submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org