Listeria is the name of bacteria found in soil and water and some animals including poultry and cattle.
HOW TO PREVENT IT:
- Do not drink raw milk unpasteurized milk, and do not eat food that has unpasturized milk
- Wash your hands and wash the dishes that you are using dealing with uncooked foods
- Rinse raw produce throughly under running tap water before eating
- Keep uncooked meats, and other raw food seperated from vegetables, fruits, cooked foods, and ready to eat foods
- Consume perishable and ready to eat foods as soon as possible
- People in higher risk should heat hotdogs,cold cuts, and deli meats before eating them
- Wash hands ,knives, countertops,and cutting boards after handling and preparing uncooked foods.
This video giving 5 facts about listeria
This video is explaining what listeria is and what causes it.