CFL Beginner Week 4
September 20, 2014
What We Have Learned Today
We reviewed all of the songs we have learned so far. (see 'Review Material' for the list.)
We practiced the "Bai Lang Tao Tao Song" Next week, we will be performing it in front of the entire school as a part of the celebration of Teacher's Holiday (Confucius' Birthday.)
We have learned a new song "Two Tigers" [ Liang Zhi Lao Hu]
We started to write Chinese characters. We have started with the numbers from 1-10. Each student has a paper copy of the practice sheet. I have also included a PDF file copy with my weekly email to you as an attachment.
Please note, for students that are 9 years old or older, practice writing Chinese characters are highly encouraged. They are optional for the younger children.
Practicing our performance
1. We will perform this next week: Please review Bai Lang Tao Tao with your Child
2. Songs we have learned and reviewed:
3. Writing homework: students present today have a paper copy. The PDF file copy is in the email as an attachment.
1. Thanks to the Witham's for the help and snacks today.
2. Everyone needs memorize the "Bai Lang Tao Tao Song"
3. Please bring a pencil.
4. It will be Teacher's Holiday; it's a national holiday for Chinese. To celebrate, during the 2nd hour, we will have a student recital where each class will recite a literature or sing a song.
5. Next week's volunteering parent is Mrs. Karen Chen-Manning.
6. See you all next week.
Need to Contact Me?