Week 3 - Am I on course to solve my big questions about online teaching (& learning)?
Focus: Redesign tips & best practice
This week we move to begin implementing your course improvements and their functionality. Keep the conceptual themes in mind as they apply to your own 3 broad goals. Consider tools and design options in Blackboard and external.
Course Participants will:
- Begin active exploration of tools and approaches related to previously identified goals.
- Demonstrate initial attempts to build and integrate the new approaches and/or tools into your course.
- VanMouwerik, H. (2015). Fostering an active online discussion. Gradhacker, Retrieved from: https://www.insidehighered.com/blogs/gradhacker/f...
- (2012). 7 Strategies to make your online teaching better. Gradhacker, Retrieved from: https://www.insidehighered.com/blogs/7-strategies...
- Link to the Online Teaching Strategies library from EDUCAUSE: http://www.educause.edu/library/online-teaching-s...
- MERLOT Repository (Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching): http://www.merlot.org/merlot/index.htm
- Teaching Online Pedagogical Repository from the University of Central Florida: https://topr.online.ucf.edu/index.php/Main_Page
- Comment below with at least 1 nugget, noticing, or point of personal relevance for you from the materials provided.
- Participate in the VoiceThread conversation on Blackboard (look in the Week 3 folder to access)