Frantic Assembly is led by Artistic Director Scott Graham. Scott formed the company with Steven Hoggett and Vicki Middleton in 1994 and continues to collaborate with many of today's most inspiring artists. Having toured extensively throughout the UK, Frantic Assembly has built an enviable reputation as one of the most exciting companies in the country. The company has also performed, created and collaborated in 30 different countries across the world.
"Frantic Assembly creates thrilling, energetic and unforgettable Theatre."
- Frantic Assembly takes a physical approach to devising Theatre.
- The creators did not come from a dance or Theatre background.
- They take into development as many collaborators as possible.
- They enter the devising process with an idea, explore it through a physical process and then develop it for a production.
- All their devising is broken down into tasks; they remain bite sized and self-contained.
SOME APPROACHES TO THEIR DEVISING
- methodical approach to the physical side of rehearsals but a slightly looser approach to creating and developing scenes.
- carry notebooks
- video camera in rehearsal
- use of music and the notion of soundtracking
-play with stylistic devices and techniques of film
- use of their real names
- the pre-show
SOME EXERCISES THEY USE:
- Push Hands
- Marcia Takedown
- Quad Jump
- Clear the Space
- Eye Contact
- Jump Tag