Chinese Barbecued Pork
- 1 lb whole pork belly, skin removed
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- First, mix the rice wine, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, hoisin sauce and five spice powder together in a ziploc bag.
- Put the pork into the ziploc bag and move the pork around until it is completely coated in the sauce. Also make sure to get as much air out of the ziploc bag as possible.
- Let marinade in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Drain off excess marinade from pork then place the pork in a roasting pan.
- brush the top with the honey.
- Roast the pork for 20 minutes, then flip the pork.
- Brush honey on the new top side.
- Roast for another 20 to 25 minutes, or until the outside is starting to crisp and become burnt and the center of the pork feels firm.
- Remove from oven and let cool, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cut in thin slices and serve!