Managing Your District Password
In an effort to maintain a secure network, we are putting a new Password Policy in place to protect your network accounts and information.
What does this mean for you? It means you will have to change your network password to meet the complex password requirements. Please make sure when you change your password, you make note of it or make sure it is one that you remember as this is the password that not only let's you log on to your computer every day, but it also gives you access to most of district's resources. (Skyward, Eduphoria, Safari Montage, web-based email, etc.)
Complex Password Requirements:
- MUST contain at least six characters
- MUST contain at least one number
- MUST contain at least one UPPERCASE LETTER and one lowercase letter
- CANNOT contain any part of your username or full name
- CANNOT repeat any of your previous three passwords
- MUST change every 90 days
To view the complete password policy memo and see examples of compliant and non-compliant passwords, click here.
To reset your password on your computer that you are already logged into, simply use the ctrl+alt+del key combination that you use when you login to your computer. This will open up a menu of choices. Select the Change a Password Option.
Your will be prompted to enter your old password. Then enter your new password and confirm it. After all of the fields are filled out, press the "Arrow" button to save your changes.
You should then get a message letting you know your password has been changed.
We are also offering a Self Service Reset Password Management for Employees
In case you ever forget your password, you will be able to reset your password at reset.chisd.net. In order to use the system you must first set it up. *You will need to know your current password to set it up.
- Go to reset.chisd.net
- Enroll into SSRPM
- Enter your username and password (current)
- Select and answer 3 different security questions. You cannot have duplicate answers for different questions
- Click Home or Close
Resetting Your Password if you've Forgotten It
- Go to reset.chisd.net select "reset your password"
- Enter your user name
- Answer your 3 security questions
- Enter your new password and confirm it by reentering and then close.