Christie Cannon of Keller Williams: 6 Great Tips for Selling Your Home
If you are looking to sell your home the process can be daunting. Here are some guidelines that are helpful for any seller on any market.
- 1. Know your market. Do some research online and adjust your expectations for the sale accordingly. Don't assume that your home is somehow exceptional. Look honestly at how much a home of similar size, location, and quality is going for in the neighborhood.
- 2. Clear as much junk as possible. Your home should reflect opportunity, and the best way to do this is to clean up any litter around your home. Really tackle those messy corners you have spent months or years avoiding. If furniture can be moved into storage, do it. Buyers will be more attracted to open spaces that are kept tidy.
- 3. Make the exterior attractive. Mulch is a cheap way to make the outdoors of your home look sharp. Mow the grass and edge around the sidewalks. Renting a power washer for the siding is another great way to make a home sparkle.
- 4. Take quality photos and put them online. The photographs should be specifically designed to highlight those key features that are most likely to draw interest. Customers are far less likely to visit a house in real life if the online listing doesn't have any photographs.
- 5. Include incentives for potential buyers. Sellers have a lot of ways they can influence the sale. Offering a home warranty is a great way to relieve a buyer's fear of a pre owned or older home. You have other options, too, like offering to pay for closing costs.Contact an experienced real estate agent for the scope of your options and what may or may not be appropriate or customary in your local market.
- 6. Get your home inspected. The buyers are sure to get an inspector and you are likely to requests for repairs related to the inspection. Hire your own inspector so there are no surprises. You may want to fix up parts of the house based on the inspector's findings.
Christie Cannon Keller Williams Realty Group in Frisco helps you to buy or sell.