-Chiles flag looks similar to our sate flag of Texas.
- Official Language- Spanish
- Location- South America
- Population- 17.77 million
- Life Expectancy- Males- 75 years of age Females- 81 years of age
- Average Age- 0-14: 21% 15-24: 16.6% 25-54: 43.2% 55-64: 9.6% 65-older: 9.7% (here is Chiles national to make it a little less boring while your reading:)
Some major landforms in Chile are
- The Andes Mountains is a major land form stretching almost all north and south of Chile.Because of the Andes Mountains the terrain slopes downward.
- One of Chiles other major landforms is The Atacama Dessert stretching all north of Chile. The Atacama Dessert is considered one of the driest places in the globe, where the terrain is similar to Mars.
- Chiles major water course is the Lao River stretching all the way from the Andes Mountains to the Pacific Ocean. The Lao is 440 kilometers long.
Chiles general season weather condition consists of a variety of climates because of it stretches across a wide range of latitudes.The country lies in one of the most seismically active areas in the world; earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanic eruption occur regularly, because it is located close to the ring of fire.
Like stated Chile has many climates but Santiago's climate is-
the climate of Chile
Chile's major sport is Soccer for them nothing can compare to it, they have made it their national sport.
Their popular music consists of Pop music and modern music like the U.S. Five top songs in Chile right now are
- 'Esquemas Juveniles' by Javiera Mena
- 'Por la Ventana' by Gepe
- 'Tatuaje' by Alex Anwandter
- 'Los Adolescentes' by Denver
- 'Inteligencia Dormida' by Pedropiedra
This is the song of the top 5 i picked it is Inteligencia Dormida by Pedropiedra.
Because Chile is stretched out over a variety of landscapes it has a variety of food and drink. But one of Chile's highlights is their Seafood and its high quality of red wine.
The meaning behind the flag-
The blue of the flag represents the cannon and sky of Chile. The white represents the beautiful snow in the Andes mountains. Last but not least the red represents all the blood shattered for their freedom.
Health Issues in Chile-
One of Chile's major health issue is air pollution which usually happens more in the winter. Pollution causes respiratory dysfunctions that are really bad for your health.
- Chile by far is a really safe country and you do not need to worry about large crimes just some rare pick pocketing in some occasions.
- There are approximately 500 active volcanoes in Chile and 60 have erupted in the last 450 years, therefore you don not have to worry about that.
3. One of the best places to go in Chile is Santiago there are many things to do there, for example you can:
- Learn about their history.
- Visit the pacific ocean for a swim.
- Go for a hike in the Andes mountains.
- One other thing to do in Chile you can never go wrong with is shopping because Chile has a variety of malls and shops all for you.
"Chile." World Geography: Understanding a Changing World. ABC-CLIO, 2014. Web. 20 Nov. 2014.
"Chilean national anthem [:58]." Audio. Wallace Music & Sound, Inc./Corel. World Geography: Understanding a Changing World. ABC-CLIO, 2014. Web. 20 Nov. 2014.
Cybriwsky, Roman A. "Santiago." World Geography: Understanding a Changing World. ABC-CLIO, 2014. Web. 20 Nov. 2014.
Christian Democratic Party." World Geography: Understanding a Changing World. ABC-CLIO, 2014. Web. 20 Nov. 2014.
Penn, James R. "Andes." World Geography: Understanding a Changing World. ABC-CLIO, 2014. Web. 20 Nov. 2014.