ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN
Port Fountain - Karachi, Pakistan
The Port fountain is the world’s second largest fountain and upsurges to height of 620 feet when functioning at full power. Since the fountain upswings so high into the air, it is quite simply seen from many sites of the city. The fountain is situated 1.4 km away from the seashore to evade spurting neighborhood homes.
Badshahi Mosque - Lahore, Pakistan
he Badshahi Mosque was constructed by the Mughal Ruler Aurangzeb in Lahore. It is one of the city’s well-known landmarks and a major tourist lure exemplifying the excellence of the Mughal age.
Mausoleum Of Muhammad Ali Jinnah - Karachi, Pakistan
The mausoleum of Muhammad Ali Jinnah also called Mazar-e-Quid is situated on a natural plateau in Karachi Pakistan.All outsides and insides are completed with marble.The mausoleum is situated at the heart of the city and was completed in the 1960s. Muhammad Ali Jinnah is the founder of Pakistan.
Deosai Plateau - Deosai National Park, Pakistan
Deosai means the "Land of Giants". Deosai is a tourist attraction and lot of tourists who visit Balistan go to Deosai as well. Deosai Plateau which is the second highest plateau in the world after the Chang Tang in Tibet. In local Balti language, Deosai is called Byarsa, meaning ‘summer place’.
K2 - Baltistan, Pakistan
K2 is the second-highest mountain on Earth, after Mount Everest. It is located on the border between Baltistan, in the Gilgit–Baltistan region of Pakistan, and the Taxkorgan Tajik Autonomous County of Xinjiang, China.
- 182,064,810 people
- 307,375 Square miles
- Urdu (National Language)
- English (Official Languages)
Top 3 Ethnicity
- Rupees (Dollars)
- Paisa (Coins)
- Federal Republic
- President - Asif Ali Zardari
- In the last five years, Pakistan’s literacy rate has grown by 250%, the largest increase in any country to date.
- 66.35 years
- Pakistan is the largest producer of salt in the world.
- Hockey is the National game of Pakistan but Cricket is most Popular game among Pakistani people.
- Pakistan military force is sixth largest force in the world.
- Air Commodore Muhammad Mahmood Alam downed five Indian aircraft in less than a minute — the first four within 30 seconds — establishing a world record.
- Pakistan has the second largest Muslim population in the world, after Indonesia.
- Pakistan is the sixth most populous country in the world.
- Pakistan has been listed among Next Eleven (or N-11), the eleven countries that along with the BRICS have a high potential of becoming the world’s largest economies in the 21st century.
- Has the worlds 7th Largest Pool of Scientists and Engineers.
- The world’s second highest and the ninth highest mountains , K2 and Nanga Parbat respectively, are in Pakistan.
- World’s youngest certified Microsoft Experts Arfa Kareem and Babar Iqbal are from Pakistan.
Yummy In The Tummy!
- Fry the onions in hot ghee/oil until golden. Add tomatoes and fry until the oil separates.
- Add meat, garlic, ginger, potatoes, yogurt and masala. Fry for 15 mins. Add 1-2 cups of water and cook on low heat until the meat is tender. Then increase heat and stir fry until oil separates from from the gravy.
- Separately: In 12 glasses of hot water add 3 tablespoons of salt and soaked rice. Boil until the rice is more than half cooked. Remove the heat and thoroughly drain the water.
- Spread the cooked meat curry over the rice in two layers. Cover the pot and cook on low heat until the rice is fully cooked and tender. Remove the leaves after cooking. Mix before serving.