* January 16th – Student Holiday
* January 18th – English I Benchmark Exam
* January 19th– English II Benchmark Exam
Benchmark Testing Schedule
January 18th Students in English I classes will take the English I Benchmark at the Ninth Grade Center. When testing is over students will be released to the NGC Commons for lunch. Students involved in testing will not attend any classes. All other students will follow a regular bell schedule.
January 19th Students in English II classes will take the English II Benchmark at Ninth Grade Center. When testing is over they will be released to the NGC Commons for lunch. Students involved in testing will not attend any classes. All other students will follow a regular bell schedule.
PTSA Sponsored Engineers in in Real Life
AP Exam Reviews at RICE
Please follow the link to register for AP Exam Review at Rice University on March 25th. Website. Space is limited so register today. This one-day event is aimed toward helping Houston-area students prepare for their AP exams. The AP exam review will be led by experienced AP teachers in a variety of subjects.
SKYWARD Family Access allows you to keep track of your student's progress reports, report cards, attendance, and course schedules. You can also choose to receive ALERTS through texts and/or phone calls in case of an emergency.
ITSLEARNING allows parents to monitor their student's homework assignments through this digital learning platform for students. Log in with your student's ID and password.
Naviance Family Connection is a web-based service designed especially for students and parents that can be used to help make decisions about colleges, scholarships and careers. View and manage your high school course planning. Prepare for the ACT/SAT test with free test preparation provided by Method Test Prep. Research colleges and universities, sign up for visits with college reps in the College Center, and explore scholarship opportunities. Investigate career interests and options using the Personality Inventory and Career Interest Profiler. For assistance with your Naviance account, please contact Darlene Snell, College and Career Specialist, at 281-284-2070 or email@example.com.
Visit www.ccisd.net for all needs and information related to the District as a whole. Visit clhs webpages for important dates and information related to our school.
TEA 2015-16 CLHS Report Card
School Report Card The Texas Education Agency (TEA) 2015-16 CLHS School Report Card is now available on the TEA website. The complete report card can be accessed through the TEA School Report Cards link:
CCISD Spring Exam Exemption Policy
Junior and seniors may be exempt from spring semester exams with in any course based on attendance, discipline and grade requirements. Freshmen and sophomores taking an Advanced Placement course may also be exempt from the final in that course if the take the College Board AP exam and meet attendance, discipline and grade requirements. Please follow the link below for exemption policy details:
Most PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT scores are now available online. To learn more about your score report watch this video. Students will need to create a college board account to view their scores. Hard copies of the score reports will be made available to students in January in their English classes. If you are having trouble viewing your scores, please contact college board at 1-866-433-7728.
Access your SAT Suite of Assessment scores with personalized feedback, practice, college planning and career exploration resources.
- See all your scores and if you are on track for college readiness
- View detailed explanations of skills required to be college ready
- Send your scores to Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy for personalized practice recommendations
- Search for colleges that fit your needs
- Access your PSAT/NMSQT Selection Index score used for participation in programs conducted by National Merit Scholarship Corporation
- Start on your scholarship and college financial aid plan
- Explore Roadmap to Careers to learn about jobs and college majors that are right for you
- Get feedback on your readiness for AP course
The creators of the SAT have given Khan Academy exclusive access and advice to build a personalized practice program for anyone, anywhere. These tools are free and available now for every student to take ownership of their learning and their future. https://www.khanacademy.org/sat
Clear Access and Clear Stars
Registration for the Spring session of Clear Access and Clear Stars will take place from now until January 19. Any student wanting more information or needing to register for a course through one of these should see his/her counselor as soon as possible. Classes will begin on Monday, January 23.
Spring Semester 2017 Important Dates
- January 16th – Student holiday and professional learning for teachers
- January 18th – English I Benchmark Exam
- January 19th– English II Benchmark Exam
- January 26th – 3rd Progress report distribution
- February 1st – Late Arrival Day
- February 10th – CLHS course selection begins
- February 13th – CLHS course fair and 8th grade parent meeting
- February 16th – Progress report distribution
- February 21st – Course selection cards due
- March 1st - Late Arrival Day
- March 13th - 17th - Spring Break