* October 26th - Late Arrival Day
* October 28th - Picture Day during ELA classes
College Readiness Day - November 2nd
- All 10th graders will take the PSAT/NMSQT in the Main Building along with any 9th and 11th Graders who paid and registered to take it.
- 9th graders who did not register for the PSAT will take a PSAT Practice in the NGC.
- 11th graders who did not register for the PSAT will take an ACT Practice in the NGC.
Students should be encouraged to get a good night’s sleep and eat a good breakfast. They should bring with them to testing a #2 pencil, calculator and a snack.
Senior Service - November 2nd
Class of 2017 Community Service Day
On November 2nd, 2016, our senior class will travel to the Houston Food Bank and participate in a service project. This trip has been a wonderful opportunity for our students to demonstrate the caring and generous nature of the Falcon family by assisting others in need. In order for your child to participate your student must complete this form and return it no later than October 28th, or stop by the West Wing office any time to pick up a hard copy.
Since students will be working with food and moving items in a warehouse, the dress code for this event is strictly enforced. Please make sure that students are wearing close toed shoes and long pants, either jeans or slacks.
Clear Creek ISD is heavily impacted with families who work on federal property or are in the military. Texas is unable to collect local taxes from tax-free federal properties, which means less money for public education. The federal government, however, partially reimburses Texas for the cost of education for federally connected students through Impact Aid Funds. In order to receive compensation, a survey form from each student must be completed based on information as of September 30, 2016. The amount of impact Aide CCISD received is based on how many parents/guardians complete and return the survey to their student's school. Please click on the link below to print the form and fill it out including an original signature. Students can return the form to any campus secretary. A paper copy of the form will also be sent home with your student through third period on Tuesday.
CLHS Class of 2017 will get 20% of all sales!
2016-2017 Important Dates
- October 25th - Impact Aid Form
- October 26th - Late Arrival Day
- October 28th - Picture Day - during ELA classes
- November 2nd - PSAT for all juniors
- November 4th - Three-week UIL grade check for ineligible students
- November 6th - Daylight Savings Time ends
- November 8th - Student holiday and professional learning for teachers
- November 10th - First Progress Report of the Second Nine Weeks
- November 16th - Late Arrival Day
- November 21st - November 25th - Thanksgiving Holiday
PSAT Test Sales
The PSAT Test is offered one time per school year and is given on the CLHS campus in testing classrooms. This year the PSAT Test will be administered on Wednesday, November 2, 2016. All sophomores will be automatically registered and their test fee will be paid for by CCISD. Registration and a payment of $15.00 (cash or check) for the PSAT test will be accepted in Main Building Room 603.
PSAT Prep Course Information
Registration and payment for the CLHS PSAT prep courses is through the CLHS Dean of Instruction’s office in Room 1060 in the new building. The cost of the course is $65.00. The course is offered free to students who qualify for free and reduced lunch.
Use free Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy
The PSAT/NMSQT is designed as an introduction to the SAT, so if you work diligently and master the SAT prep materials offered by Khan Academy and College Board, you will be more than prepared to succeed on the PSAT/NMSQT. This resource is free and personalized. Link: https://www.khanacademy.org/sat/