* May 29th - Memorial Day holiday for staff & students
* June 1st - Senior checkout in the morning and graduation practice at noon
* June 4th - CLHS Class of 2017 Graduation
* June 5th - STAAR Academy Begins
* June 8th & June 10th - Summer School Registration
* June 13th - High School STAAR Report Cards available (information below)
Final Exam Schedule
Final Exam Reminders
Each exam is 1 hour and 45 minutes in length. If a student plans on attending a tutorial session after the 11:30-12:30 one hour ON CAMPUS lunch break OR rides the bus home after school, he/she MUST REMAIN ON CAMPUS from 11:30-2:30. There will be two review sessions each day, except for Thursday, June 1st. Teachers will be available in their classrooms for the following sessions:
- Period Review Session I - 12:30-1:23
- Period Review Session II - 1:30-2:30.
- Early Release -June 1st only - Buses will run at 11:30.
- On May 30th and 31st , any student taking a final should attend their third period class.
Confidential Student Reports
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) has updated the Confidential Student Reports (CSRs) to report STAAR results for each student. These updated CSRs are now referred to as STAAR Report Cards. The STAAR Report Cards will include much more information than the previous CSRs. According to TEA, “The new report card is designed to be easier to read and more accurate, to report growth over time, and to provide resources for parents to dive deeper.” The STAAR Report Cards will include student’s STAAR scores, along with the updated performance level labels. The labels have changed from last year and are now as follows:
- Did Not Meet Grade Level – Previously “Level I – Unsatisfactory”
- Approaches Grade Level (passing) – “Previously Level II – Satisfactory”
- Meets Grade Level – Previously “Final Level II”
- Masters Grade Level – Previously “Level III – Advanced”
For more information about the STAAR Report Card, please read the CCISD STARR Report Card Parent Letter (link below) and parents can visit the Texas Assessment Student Portal: http://tea.texas.gov/studentreport/
STAAR Retesting Information
Based on the preliminary reports received by Clear Lake High School, students were informed on May 23rd by their English and US History teachers if they did not approach grade level and will be required to retest. Every student received a letter providing information on STAAR Academy and Summer Retests. Detailed information is provided in the following links:
CCISD Summer School Information
Clear Lake High School will be hosting our annual Pathways to AP Grit Camp, to be held Monday through Thursday, July 24-27, from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Our purpose is to provide incoming AP World History students with opportunities to prepare and motivate them for success in AP courses at Clear Lake High School.
PreAP Chemistry Summer Prep:
College Admissions Resources
- ApplyTexas https://www.applytexas.org
- The Common App presents you with the opportunity to search from nearly 700 schools (private, public, large and small), find the ones that meet your needs, and then add them to your My Colleges list – an all-in-one convenient place to track the work ahead of you. Once you log in, simply click on the College Search tab to find schools based on their name, location, deadline, or distance from your home. You might discover a terrific school you would’ve otherwise never known about, and the Common App will connect you to the institution to apply directly. The Common Application https://www.commonapp.org/
- Fastweb is your connection to scholarships, colleges, financial aid and more: FAFSA http://www.fafsa.ed.gov FastWeb http://www.fastweb.com
- Want to play college sports? Creating an account is the first step to becoming an NCAA student-athlete: NCAA http://web1.ncaa.org/ECWR2/NCAA_EMS/NCAA.jsp