What I learned, fun I had, people I met.
An amazing week in the CLE!
Joe Pulizzi and the entire Content Marketing Institue team did a phenomenal job organizing the 2013 Content Marketing World conference in Cleveland, OH. This was my first year attending, and definitely not my last. I walked away with new friends, and a whole lot of inspiration for marketing ideas to bring to my team at Tackk.
Here's my take on the two days I spent with the best content marketers in the biz.
Our welcome to the show.
In the capital of Rock 'n Roll.
2 days of learning from the best of the best.
A few key takeaways
- "If you don't have room to fail, you don't have room to grow." via @Mildenhall
- Targeted marketing isn't good enough anymore. You must integrate relevant, targeted marketing.
- Content is the king. Creative is the queen. Big data is the knight.
- "Write content for both machines and humans...machines first." via @ScottAbel
- "Digital marketing "best practices" are dead...until you test them." via @ChrisGoward
Some of my favorite tweets
Me & the Godfather himself!
Thank you, Joe! Content marketing wouldn't be where it is without you.
"SEO will die when Google dies." - Intrapromote, SEO firm for Four Seasons
Yes, yes, yes! I love when people ask me if SEO really matters because it does! Especially in the world of content...so get to optimizing.
"We market for traffic, not revenue." - REI.com Digital Engager Paolo Mottola
I know I struggle with this one, so I was happy to hear Paolo be so candid about how he markets. Revenue is clearly important at the end of the day, but traffic is numero uno.
"It's impossible to be everything to everyone; be the best solution, sometimes." - Jay Baer, Author of Youtility
We all know this one, right? It helps to hear it, especially at Tackk. Our platform can be anything to anyone, and we're seeing new Tackk use cases every day. So it's important to focus on being helpful, in specific verticals.
William Shatner closes the conference
Could anyone do it better than Shatner?