(Now with updates at bottom of scroll)
Soooooooooo..... As some of you know I'm a type of person whose life refuses to catch a break from its series of trials and tribulations. But in case you are new to my story or need a recap of the most recent "Season" in my series of misfortunes let's bring you up to speed:
-I lost my father to a freak accident involving an ambulance, a wrong turn and really bad timing on all Saints Day. This happened when I had just found new work millions of miles away. I was not able to make it to his burial.
- About two months later on Christmas Day I found out that a very serious legal dispute and attack move was done on my dad's estate by his sister and a woman who claims to be his wife despite copious amount of evidence, including back logs, convos and diary notes proving the contraey. My not being present in the country of dispute was being taken advantage of, and I was- to the urging of my brothers and other family- forced to make a very difficult decision.
- The decision involved taking time off work when I was very close to making a very career advancing move and abandon a very hot project to establish legal presence to set motions in the interest of protecting my dad's legacy. I was told the whole thing will take two weeks to almost a month tops.
- That was two months ago in January.
NOW THAT WE ARE ALL CAUGHT UP, HERE'S WHERE I AM !
- I finally was able to get the paper work done to leave the country but it being close to the Spring new year holidays the price of tickets had gone up.
- My family had arranged for a ticket over two times the price we had budgeted for and a rush ticket was arranged before the price would become 10 times more expensive .
- a rush ticket naturally means rush planning and packing . Something that took 38 hours of wake time.
-The airport and process of leaving the country was not fun, nor friendly . By the time I got on the plane to the connecting country Everything was grey and I just remembered the sensation of sweat mindlessly shuffling baggage and endless security check points .
-The next thing I remember was waking up to roudy sounds of an over excited family of Chinese passengers.
And the clock being 30 minutes past my connecting departure flight.
- I went to the flight desk and the rebook flight will not be happening without a $900 minimum.
- I only have 40 dollars in my pocket and about 90 in my bank card.
- My cards are maxed out because of the work and abrupt abandonment of last month.
- My family has already paid out three times the amount we had planned for which I have to eventually pay back.
- My girlfriend whose been dying to see me isn't even awake yet to know what's up. Neither are my cats. And the news is going to break her . [Update She woke up up when I typed this, she's handling this better than me right now, so that's a plus. ]
- There is so much more work I have to get back to, starting with doing some drywall mould work in my apartment due to a water pipe breaking while I was gone.
- All I want to do is come home and sleep in my bed. So I can have some rest for what comes next.
-And I am so so tired.
So here we are. In an empty smoking lounge with very little fuel to get to the season finale .
With this neon sign flipping me the finger :
-Wow, first Tackk milestone of over 100 views in a few hours. Thanks guys.
- Situation is less dire now - I booked a flight two days from now for only 300 bucks out of 500 mom sent me instead of the 1500 Euros for a 24 hour flight. Now I got to find a place to stay.
-As for donations , your are awesome ! Some people are having difficulty making a donation through here but my regular Ppall is siaabd.at.gmaildotcom
- As you know I'm a huge Ingress fan and consider myself both a fan, an active player and Community Outreach member. If you know any Agents it ate one in the Frankfurt area who are down to connect and point out good places to play with wifi or other pleasentries (maybe have me crash? ) , you know how to find me.
- 9 PM Local time . I've made it through customs abd by a phoe charger station. I'll be here for a bit as I plan my next moves. I've also connected with lla local Ingress Agent on the comm. All faction members willing to connect are obv welcome.
-- Big thanks to:
-First my Buddy Kasra and new friends in Tehran who were my first responders in calming me down and getting me in touch with my family there to get them aware of the situation .
- Ingress Agents in AM02-DELTA -14 Community and beyond for getting the word out.
- BIPPEE13 Facebook community for the exact same and others.
- All of you who remembered "Code Blue" meant and following through with it.
-everyone who has donated.
- Mom for keeping me alive and on my feet. (Again)
- Caitlin for helping me deal with sobbing fits including this one and giving me a change of perspective . Love you, baby. Sorry about yet another delay. I'll see you soon.
What do you got to say about that, partner?
A Million Thanks.
Safe, Booked and at a Hostandwith contributions enough to turn the Code Blue Panic into a Beautiful much needed 2 day Detour and break stop to a very long road. Code Green In 40 hours.