Content Marketing vs. Traditional
- What is content marketing? According to the Content Marketing Institute, content marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to attract, acquire, and engage a clearly defined and understood target audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action.
- Content marketing is the heart of your marketing strategy, and relates to social media, SEO, PPC, inbound sales, PR and more.
- Content marketing is about building relationships and providing relevant content to customers when they need it.
- Do you know your company narrative? How do your employees tell that narrative?
- Where to start: 1- examine your customers (what types of content to they want? where do they like to absorb this content?) 2- establish a consistent content distribution (who is in charge of content distribution on your team? which channels are you using, and when?) 3- create content (always refer to #1 and #2 to keep a clear focus on all content creation and distrubtion)