- Name of your person
Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel
- Birth and death date
Aug 19 1883-Jan 10, 1971
- Religious Views
- Political Views
Saumur , France
- Family members
Mother: Eugenie Jeanne Devolle
Father: Albert Chanel
- About me (a MINIMUM of two paragraphs)
Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel was a french fashion designer and founder of the Chanel brand. Along with Paul Poiret, Chanel was credited with liberating women from the constraints of the "corseted silhouette" and popularizing the acceptance of a sportive, casual chic as the feminine standard in the post- World War I era. A prolific fashion creator, Chanel's influence extended beyond couture clothing. Her design aesthetic was realized in jewelry, handbags, and fragrance. Her signature scent, Chanel has become an iconic product. She is the only fashion designer listed on time magazine's list of the 100 most influential people of the 20th century.
Chanel was known for her lifelong determination, ambition, and energy, which she applied to her professional and social life. She achieved both success as a businesswoman and social prominence thanks to the connections she made through her work. These included many artists and craftspeople to which she became a patron. However, Chanel's life choices generated controversy, particularly her behavior during the German occupation of France in World War II.
- What did this person do for a living?
- What was their highest education level?
- Marital status (Married, Single, Widowed) – Include a picture of the spouse(s) N/A
- Try to find a MINIMUM of five people who would have been their friend
Karl Lagefeld, Yves Saint Laurent, Christian Dior, Audrey Hepburn , Baron Hans Guther Von Dincklage
- Famous quote
- What are 3 things that you want your classmates to know about your person? (NOT SOMETHING ALREADY APART OF YOUR INFOMRATION!)
- - Nuns taught Coco Chanel everything she knows.
- - Before she was a designer, she was a singer.
- - Chanel once had an affair with a Nazi officer