6 Things you didn't know about
- He was a post-impressionist of the painter whose work, notable for its rough beauty, emotional honesty and bold color, had a far-reaching influence on 20th-century art.
- There were three copies of the painting that Van Gogh. He started the first version when he lived in the city of Arles (1888).
The second version he made of the bedroom was damaged by the flood of Rhone while he was interned at the Old Hospital in Arles. The third version was a decision he made because he wanted to redo some of his best compositions in a smaller format.
- Vincent Van Gogh was a Dutch post impressionist artist whose work is known for its vivid colors and emotional impact.
- Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, Divisionism were the types of impressionism Van Gogh used in his paintings.
- Van Gogh suffered from seizures which doctors, believed to be caused by temporal lobe epilepsy. Van Gogh was born with a brain lesion.
- This is the first version of the painting "The Bedroom"".
- This was the second version of the paining "The Bedroom".
- This was the third version of the painting "The Bedroom".