I. Complete the conversation
No, I'm not.
I come from Mexico.
No, I don't. I live in Veracruz.
I'm studying English here. I'm staying with a family here.
I like it, but sometimes I feel homesick.
No, I haven't.
Pleased to meet you Ana.
II. Use Present Simple or Present Continuous
Where's John? He 1.____(listen) to a new CD in his room.
Don't forget to take your umbrella with you to London. You know it always 2.____(rain) in England.
Jean 3.____(work) hard all day but she 4.____(not work) at the moment.
Look! That boy 5.____(run) after the bus. He 6.____(want) to catch it.
He 7.____(speak) German so well because he 8.____(come) from Germany.
Shh! The boss 9.____(come). We 10.____ (meet) him in an hour and nothing is ready!
You usually 11.____ (go) away for Christmas or you 12.____(stay) at home?
She 13.____(hold) some roses. They 14.____(smell) lovely.
Oh no! Look! It 15.____(snow) again. It always 16.____(snow) in this country.
Mary 17.____(swim) very well, but she 18.____(not run) very fast.
you 19.____(enjoy) this party? Yes, I 20._____(have) a great time!
Sorry I can't help you. I 21.____(not know) where she keeps her files.
What you 22.____(do) next Saturday? Nothing special. I 23._____(stay) at home.
I 24.____(think) your new hat 25.____(look) nice on you.
I 26.____(live) with my parents but right now I 27.____(stay) with some friends for a few days.
I can't talk on the phone now. I 28.____(drive) home.
Where are the children? They 29.____(lie) on the beach over there.
You never 30._____(listen) to a word I say!
III. What is the Past Simple form of the verbs
1) I ____(work) in a bank for ten years..
2) Where ____(you/live) when you were young?.
3) She ____(not/study) French at university..
4) He ____(travel) through the middle east last year..
5) ____(they/visit) the Louvre in Paris?.
6) She ____(not/watch) TV yesterday..
7) We ____(buy) a new car last weekend..
8) Where ____(you/teach) before you came here?.
9) He ____(not/think) that he was right..
10) I ____(cook) steak last night