What Makes A Tornado?
- Warm, moist air and cold, dry air meet.
- Must be 58*c to 95*c.
- Mix of high pressure and low pressure.
- Comes out of thunder clouds.
- Temperatures can change rapidly.
- Winds can be 300-250 mph.
- Precipitation(rain and hail) and lighting can occur during a tornado.
- Wind can blow in different level and direction if this happens in a thundercloud it makes the air inside start to spin.
- Can happen when cold fronts and warm fronts meet.
The Natchez Tornado.
The Natchez tornado happen in 1840 and killed 317 people and 109 injured. Most buildings and homes were flatten during the tornado. And it cost $30 million of damage because of the tornado. The Natchez happen by the Mississippi river and Louisiana and Mississippi.
The Joplin Tornado
The Joplin tornado happen in 2011 and killed 161 people and none recorded injured . 7,000 building were destroyed. The tornado cost 3.1 million of damage. A the tornado happen in Missouri.
What We Have Done To Limit Losses Of Life.
What we done to limit losses of life is now people have sierens to warn people that a tornado is coming. And weather people look at the winds and weather to see if a tornado is coming. Also people run down to their basement with food and water. They bring materials that they would need to live through it the tornado.
- Precipitation- falling products of condensation in the atmosphere, as rain, snow,or hail.
- A low pressure-system is a whirling mass of warm, moist air that generally brings stormy weather with strong winds.
- A high pressure system- is a whirling mass of cool, dry air that generally brings fair weather and light winds.
- Thunder clouds- a cumulus cloud with a towering or spreading top, charged with electricity and producing thunder and lightning.
- Cold fronts- front- the boundary of an advancing mass of cold air, in particular the trailing edge of the warm sector of a low-pressure system.
- Warm fronts- the boundary of an advancing mass of warm air, in particular the leading edge of the warm sector of a low-pressure system.