Textbook: An online textbook will be available to each student. Login information will be available on Ms. Ramsey’s Blackboard website.
Course Materials: Each student is expected to have the following with them in class every single day.
- Pencil, Pen, and Highlighter
- Charged Laptop
- Notebook, loose-leaf paper, and graph paper
- Scientific Calculator (TI-30XIIS strongly recommended)
- SSR Book
Grading Practices: Grades are calculated based on the following weighted percentages. Think of your grade like a pie. Different assignments go into different pieces of the pie, and bigger pieces have a bigger affect on your grade!
- 75% Unit Assessments
- 15% Practice/Daily Assignments
- 10% Comprehensive Final Exam
At the end of the summer Algebra students will be taking the Algebra 1 EOC test. This test has very important implications for different program eligibility.
Letter grades are earned based on the following scores.
90 – 100 A 80 – 89 B 70 – 79 C 60 – 69 D 0 – 59 F
Make-Up & Late Work:
Make-up work due to excused absences will be accepted for full credit based on the
policy outlined in the LHS Student Handbook (work due after number of days absent + one additional day).
Late homework will be accepted only in the case of excused absence.
Tardy Policy: Students are expected to be in the classroom prior to the bell ringing. Additionally, students are expected to remain in their seats until dismissed by the teacher. The bell starts class, and the teacher dismisses class. Students will be notified when it is appropriate to pack of their materials for the hour. Please see the summer school handbook for absence/tardy allowances.
It is expected that students
- Respect the teacher’s discretion as to when or when not to use technology
- Use proper grammar and punctuation in all email communications
- Only use laptops/cell phones/earbuds/headphones during class if directed to do so by a teacher
- Have earbuds/headphones available for daily instructional use
- Check student school email daily
Food/Drink Policy: Quiet snacks and drinks with lids are permitted, however, restrictions may be put in place due to student allergies. Sharing of food/drinks is not allowed. If messes are left behind, this privilege will be taken away.
Classroom Culture & Expectations:
- Be prepared with materials and classwork.
- Be on time (see tardy policy).
- Be responsible.
- Be respectful to classmates, teachers, yourself, and the classroom/building.
- Work BELL to BELL.
- Check grades at least once a week.
Consequences: Inappropriate behavior, missed Liberty Hour tutoring, or tardies to class will result in conferencing with students or a parent if necessary. Repeat offenders will be given detentions or office referrals if necessary.