Welcome to the 2016 CUE National Conference. I'm Lucy Gray and I'm actually #notatcue! I help with social media and badging from my home office located just outside of Chicago.
Here's a digital document to help you make the most of CUE, particularly if you happen to be following the conference from afar. If you have any questions or need help, feel free to reach out via Twitter (@elemenous) or via email at email@example.com. I'm your virtual concierage!
1. Here's the schedule.
2. Some sessions will be live streamed.
On Thursday, you don't want to miss Brad Montague and Robby Novak are co-creators of Kid President, the popular web series featured on Rainn Wilson's SoulPancake Youtube channel or FCC Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel addressing CUE attendees. On Friday, State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson will address the audience followed by Code.org co-founder, Hadi Partovi. Saturday's closing keynote will feature California's own Pearl Arredondo, an award-winning educator from Los Angeles.
3. Follow the tweets.
4. Curate resources mentioned.
Here are folders of resources curated by Ryan Archer as well in Google Drive.
5. Check out social media in different formats.
6. Take a look at additional CUE events and resources.
7. Check out our daily curations on Storify.
IF YOU ARE AT #CUE16....
1. Earn digital badges for showing what you know.
Join our BadgeList learning group and earn five digital badges for actively participating in the conference.
If you earn 3 out of 5 of these badges, you will be eligible for a golden social media mastery badge sticker. You can collect a REAL GOLDEN STICKER for your laptop or device at the CUE Professional Learning booth located in the Mesquite Hallway within the Palm Springs Convention Center on Thursday, March 17 or Friday, March 18 from 1:30-2PM. Supplies are limited!
After you have your golden social media sticker, take a picture and share it on social media using the hashtag #CUE16 to earn the digital golden badge for your blog, site or email. Only a select few attendees can earn the golden social media badge!
Here's more about badging and using Participate Learning's Participate Chat interface.
2. Don't Miss...
- CUE Media Festival (Thursday)
- CUE Student-Powered Showcase (Saturday)
- Diverse Learners Symposium (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
- HUB@CUE (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
- Karaoke (Friday)
- Learning Network Meetings (Thursday)
- Leroy's Big Idea (Friday)
- Minecraft Playground (Thursday and Friday)
- STEAMpunk Playground (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
- Unconference (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
Have other suggestions?
Leave your suggestions and resources in the comment stream below! Have a great conference!