In Brazil- 2014
- On May 31st, 2009 Brazil was chose by FIFA to host the World Cup of 2014. The games will start in June 13th (opening match) and finish in July 13th (final match).
- On May 29th, 2012, the Local Organising Committee (LOC) of the 2014 World Cup and FIFA announced the slogan of the Cup, which will be "Together in one rhythm." The phrase represents the idea of unity all around football and the happiness that the football event represents.
- With 1 million votes, in September 2nd, 2012, the 2014 World Cup ball was named Brazuca, Adidas will be responsible for making it.
- The mascot is a yellow and blue three-banded armadillo, a typical animal from the caatinga, (type of vegetation that consists in small trees, shrubs and cactus plants tortuous). His name is Fuleco, a combination of Football and Ecology.
The Brazilian Soccer Confederation ( CBF ) estimated to be invested over R$ 1.9 billion only in the construction and remodeling of stadiums for the realization of Copa. addition to articles in the stadiums , additional investment is needed in basic infrastructure to be leave the country ready to host the event.
In the 2014 World Cup to be held in Brazil , 12 stadiums will be used . Some are being renovated , while others will be built especially for this great event in the world of soccer.
The stadiums are chosen
Fonte Nova Arena in Salvador - BA , Estádio das Dunas in Natal - RN , Castellan stadium in Fortaleza - CE , Pernambuco Arena in São Lourenço da Mata ( City of Greater Recife - PE , Arena Amazon
Manaus - AM , National Stadium ( Mane Garrincha ) in Brasilia - DF Arena Pantanal in Cuiabá - MT , Arena Corinthians in Sao Paulo - SP , the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro - RJ , Mineirão Stadium in Belo Horizonte - MG , Arena Baixada in Curitiba - PR , Beira -Rio Stadium in Porto Alegre – RS
Opening and closing ceremony
The opening of the World Cup in the Arena Corinthians, will present to the world the great Brazilian culture. Before the match between Brazil vs Croatia on June 12, musical instruments and Scenarios based on flora and enter the lawn during the 25 minute presentation will samba, carnival, frevo, capoeira and gaucho dances.
In addition, there will also be choreographed with freestyle soccer, in which the player performs maneuvers such embaixadinhas and balances the ball on various body parts. Finally, the singers Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull and Claudia Leitte will close the ceremony with the song "We Are One", the official theme of World Cup 2014.
The competition will be dispute between June 12th and July 13th, it’ll happen for the 5th time in South America, it’s the first time before 36 years, as Argentina hosted the event in 1978.
The national team of 31 countries advanced with competitions of qualification (that started in July, 2011) to participate with the host country (Brazil) on the final match.
A total of 64 matches might happen on the 12 host cities (Rio de Janeiro (RJ), São Paulo (SP), Belo Horizonte (MG), Porto Alegre (RS), Brasília (DF), Cuiaba (MT), Curitiba (PR), Fortaleza (CE), Manaus (AM), Natal (RN), Recife (PE) and Salvador (BA) ) in new stadiums or remade stadiums. For the first time the matches will use the technology of ‘Line of Gol’.
The host country, all the team that won, since the first World Cup, in 1930 (Uruguay, Italy, England, Argentina, France, Spain) were qualified. Spain is the winner for now; it had beaten the Netherlands (1-0) on the end of the 2010th World Cup to win its first world title. The other four World Cup hosted by South America were all won by South-American teams.
* Russia participated of seven mundials before as Soviet Union (1958-1990).
Here you can see some commercials about the World Cup