John Dalton was an English chemist, meteorologist and physicist.
In 1793 Dalton was appointed teacher of mathematics and natural philosophy at the in Manchester.
Main points of Daltons atomic theory of the literary and philosophical society
1. Elements are made of extremely small particles called atoms.
2. Atoms of a given element are identical in size, mass, and other properties; atoms of different elements differ in size, mass, and other properties.
3. Atoms cannot be subdivided, created, or destroyed.
4. Atoms of different elements combine in a simple wholenumber ratios to formchemial compounds.
5. In chemical reactions, atoms are combined, separated, or rearranged.
John Dalton was the first scientist to take academic interest in the subject of color blindness. His observations and writings formed the expression Daltonism as a common wording for color blindness.