Tools of the Trade
Karina Jeanette Bautista
There are multiple websites that is educational & great for school:
* The IB Design Cycle
Edmodo: A learning system where students and teachers interact with each other through an online network to post assignments/ homework projects, & grades.
How you can use the tool: You can sign up as a teacher, parent, or even student & along the school year, you can join group codes given by your teachers.
- shares digital media such as blogs, links, videos, assignments, & homework.
- parents can stay connected and view their child's work and can message the teachers.
Remind: is a broadcasting system where teachers to message students what happens in the class like assignments.
How can you use the tool: You can use the tool by either logging in as a student/parent or teacher & then type in a class code that your teacher assigns you & send messages to your students.
- Teachers can save time & strenghten their connections with simple and fast messaging.
- Sign up in seconds to send mobile messages to your class.
Easel.ly: a site where you can create infographics or visual presentations and publish it for your class to see
How can you use the tool: represent data using infographics and you can publish it or post it where your class can see it
- Represent data using visual representations which as a result, makes it easier to understand
- If you’re on a budget or with limited resources, it can cost a pretty penny to get competent work that can cut through the noise and go viral.
The IB Design Cycle: A process used to solve problems in life.
How can you use the tool: Systematically manner through following the procedure.
- solve problems easier
- gives multiple possibilities to solve problems
Inquiring & Analyzing
~ Explain and Justify the need for a solution & identify & prioritize primary & secondary.
~ Analyze a range of existing products that inspire a solution to the problem & develop a detailed design brief.
~ Develop a design specification & develop a range of realistic ideas.
~ Present a final chosen design & justify its selection & develop accurate planning/drawings & outline the requirements.
Creating the Solution
~ Construct a plan & demonstrate excellent technical skills.
~ Follow plan & justify any changes to the plan & present the solution.
~ Design relevant testing methods which generates data and measure the success of solution.
~ Evaluate the success of solution against design specifications & explain how it could be improved.
~ Explain the impact of the solution on the audience/client.
Tackk: Tackk is a simple way to create beautiful pages on the web. You can create your very own page, flyer, etc.
How can you use the tool: You can sign up as a teacher or student and make your creations like blog posts, projects, or even assignments for your class.
- Blogging and creating images