Should the U.S leave Afghanistan
The survey found that more than 2/3, or 69 % americans thought that the United States should not be at war in Afghanistan.Just four months ago, 53 % said that Americans should no longer be fighting in the conflict. The government is debating wether or not to bring U.S troops home. U.S sticks with its plan to keep troops in place until 2014. Why should the United States army leave Afghanistan now?
- The Government are trying to accelerate the withdrawal of U.S state forces.
- Has been under consideration for many weeks.
- Senior white house officials are discussing 2 major setbacks: killings on sunday of Afghan civilians, burning of the Korans(religion).
- Poll respondents said," these Afghan people are turning around and shooting our people."
- 21% of americans said U.S should stay as long as it takes to accomplish its goals.
- Afghan people can't even feel safe to practice their religion(cultural trait).
- Obama administration/ senior white house officials are accelerating the withdrawal of U.S forces.
- Officials at white house/ Pentagon/ state department announce that at least ten thousand troops would come home and twenty thousand by the end of June.
- Vice president Joesph R. Biden has been pushing for a bigger withdrawal that would reduce the bulk of troops.
- Ethnocentrism was a big deal for Afghan people.
- Ethnocentrism: belief that the characteristics of ones group or society are right and goods help to build group unity.
- Obama administration is discussing whether to reduce american forces in Afghanistan or station more troops.
- Reflecting a growing belief within the white house that the mission there has now reached the point of diminishing returns.
- Afghan president Hamid korzai is alternately worried/ angry that there are his own people that are killing each other.
- U.S troops are interacting with Afghan people to get intel of enemies( Cultural universal).
My personal reaction is that U.S troops should only go home when he have Afghanistan safe and liveable. I personally am going to join the army when i graduate so i don't want troops to leave when I am about to join. At the same time there is no way the United States could live without the military so why make the U.S leave Afghanistan. It is really up to the government to decide if the U.S should leave Afghanistan now.