Material Science Engineer
By: Lauren Melancon
- Develope, process,and test materials used to create different products from computer chips to snow skis.
- Work with metals,ceramics,plastics,composites,ect.
- Some skills include: Analytical, Math, Problem-Solving, Speaking, and Writing
- All these skills are required for this job because you have to be good at all of them to excel at the job.
- Bachelors Degree from ABET(Accredited Enigineering Program)
- Passing score on Fundamentals of Enginnering exam and Professional Engineering exam
- The University of Washingtion offers a degree in Material Science Engineering
- Starting salary- $85,150
- There were 23,000 jobs as of 2012 for Material Science Engineering
- There is a slow growth rate, but many jobs are needed
- Material Science is popular right now
- There is a wide variety of jobs
- Small college class size
- Chemical Engineer
- Biomedical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
I chose this carrer because I love to make and test things. I think this job would be a good fit because it has a lot of things i love to do and I think I would enjoy this job.