Government and Public Administration
- Health inspectors try to make sure people stay healthy and safe.
- They ensure regulations are followed regarding sanitation, pollution control, the handling and storage of hazardous substances, and workplace safety.
- Inspectors are also called environmental health specialists, environmental health officers or sanitarians. They investigate and help to correct health hazards.
Emergency Management Specialist
Emergency Management Specialist:
- Develops and implements training procedures and strategies for radio-logical protection, detection, and decontamination.
- Collaborates with other officials to prepare and analyze damage assessments following disasters or emergencies.
- Trains local groups in the preparation of long-term plans that are compatible with federal and state plans.
Supervisor of Elections
Supervisor of Elections:
- A supervisor of elections is the person who oversees the electoral process in the county or state.
- These election officials work to ensure that fair elections take place. They are responsible for maintaining voter registration rolls, conducting county, state, and national elections and supervising absentee voting.
- Election officials are required to be non-partisan. That means that they may not be affiliated with any political party involved in the elections.