Oil Spill Project (sheet A)

by Trey DeGarmo

The way I approached the problem was i split the spill into separate shapes that i knew i could find the area of. In the middle of the spill, the shapes were larger, but on the edges of the spill i made smaller shapes for the most accurate measurement possible. Below are pictures of the work i did.

The total area that I got was approximately 27110.13 MI 2. Looking at my polygons that i made in the spill i think that my number is pretty close to exact. I think that my polygons are accurate to the area of the spill. My number is probably a little bit less that the exact number of miles affected by the spill.