Recipe: Dark Chocolate and Cherry Brownies
Low in calories, high in flavor
Dark chocolate. Cherries. Brownies. Oh my! It can fulfill your chocolate cravings without expanding your waistline. In each satisfying serving, you’ll find only 110 calories and 6 grams of fat. What’s not to love?
¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup granular no-calorie sweetener
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cherry preserves, sugar-free
1/3 cup water
5 tablespoons canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 large egg white
¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, sugar, unsweetened cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- Combine cherry preserves, water, and oil in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add preserves mixture to flour mixture; stir well. Add egg and egg white; stir until smooth. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 16 servings
Total fat: 6 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Protein: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Dietary fiber: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 150 mg
Sugars: 4 g